Measuring things

At 8:47 PM -0500 10/5/99, Cliff Parker wrote:

> >What would I do if I wanted to see if the speed of light had changed
> >any in the
> >past 16 years?
>
> You might find that your METER 'STICKS' have changed. But defined
> integers can only be changed by the 'authorities' who defined them.

That may be but what prevents me from measuring the defined thing
and checking on
the authorities accuracy?

Just be sure you have a good handle on the measuring instruments you
will be using.

time intervals in seconds and distances in meters. or maybe epsilon
and mu in the electromagnetic world?

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936