Re: A. Einstein and science-fairs

But on what is she to base such a hypothesis? What is to inform her
thinking? TV commercials? Andrea Martin* assures me that "Bounty" is
best, and she's really a fine comedienne. I could go along with her
and hypothesize that "Bounty" will be most absorbent because Andrea
Martin told me so, and on TV, too! (They can't lie on TV, can they?)
Is that better than a random guess?

I think any reasonable person would start with a question "Which of
these towels absorbs best?" Should a scientist not be reasonable?

Leigh

*ditto*

Joel