Re: College nowadays - What "should" students know?

On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Lois Breur Krause wrote:

I agree- and that's my goal. Since I teach elem. ed majors, I believe my
main purpose is to 1) get my students past their original dislike/fear of
science and math, and 2) instill an interest and enthusiasm so they will
actually teach science and teach it well in elementary schools.

I hope you've encountered these two:

http://www.amasci.com/miscon/miscon4.html
http://www.amasci.com/ele-edu.html

They harness cynicism to empower students and teachers. "If you want the
job done right (including your own education), you're probably going to
have to do it yourself."

The good news (or bad news, depending on your point of view) is they have
to pass 2 semesters with me before they can get an el ed degree from
clemson, and we supply about 70% of the teachers in SC. Give me a lever
and a place to stand!

LOL!

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com