Simulations.

In my opinion (based on what I have seen so far), applets
are less effective than other simulations, for example, those
produced with Interactive Physics. I just downloaded the
FREE simulation program from Richard (see below) and
tried it. Produced with True Basic it is much better than a
Java applet. You do not need to have True Basic on your
Mac, or Window, machine to run the downloaded material.
Please confirm this, my Mac does have the TB installed.

I will use it this week to review the chapter on 2-dim
motion by showing simulations and asking questions.
Thanks Richard. There is a labeling error in your diagrams
(shown at the end of the trajectories component). DO NOT
CORRECT IT, just add the "what is wrong here?" question.
Ludwik Kowalski

Richard W. Tarara
Department of Chemistry & Physics
Saint Mary's College
Notre Dame, IN 46556
219-284-4664
rtarara@saintmarys.edu

FREE PHYSICS INSTRUCTIONAL SOFTWARE AVAILABLE
see descriptions at:

http://www.saintmarys.edu/~rtarara/

New Win9.x and PowerMac packages now available.