Re: Diffraction

Can't the single slit be considered in the same way as two slits if one
considers each half of the slit separately?

In my explanation it can be, and then for another angle it can
be considered to be three slits, and for another four, &c. My
optics books are mostly at school, but I have one here at home
by Pedrotti & Pedrotti which goes through just that explanation
and then does the math. Without the math it is just handwaving.

Leigh