Re: "first form an hypothesis..."

My favorite "method" is to beat my head against a problem far into the
>night with no progress in sight, then to finally doze off. Suddenly at
>about 3AM the full-blown solution appears, interrupting a dream and
>causing me to wake up in shock and write it down before it vanishes from
>my mind (which it will if I don't write it down.)

Exactly my method, Bill! It's also the best way to find a really
obscure bug in your code.

Leigh

Everyone under 21 delete and don't read. I find the best ahas come after a
cup of coffee and a smoke. Better yet, a bourbon and a smoke. I wonder if
some of the past giants would agree.

Not an advocator, but I do enjoy it.

Bob Carlson