Re: Clockwise Rotation of Fire Gases

Hi John Wiseman-
You write:
This deals with the clockwise rotation of a fog nozzle used
on a confined
fire. The clockwise rotation produces a more active steam rotation that
moves away from the nozzle position and results in a faster knock-down
time. A counterclockwise rotation does just the opposite. The question is
why this difference?
*****************************
Before trying to explain a phenomenon, make sure that the phenomenon
exists. Much such folklore is false. What makes you believe that this one
is true?
Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography