Re: Humorous Article

Yes, Doug, for some this _is_ humorous, but this is a bad day for humor in
my world. I see this as the pitiful outcome of our questionable teaching
-- not mainly of the public but of the teachers of the public -- after all
this begins in the elementary schools, on Bill Nye, and in the comics.

We may say that it is easier to teach this stuff and for our students to
learn this stuff while we wait to teach them a better story,

but this is really what we are doing.

Jim Green