Electrostatics problem thanks

Thanks to all who replied to my original question about an electrostatics
problem:

************
In Serway's 4th ed. of Physics for Scientists and Engineers, problem 57 of
Chapter23 (Electric Fields) states:
Two small spheres of mass m are suspended from strings of length l that are
connected at a common point. One sphere has charge Q; the other has charge
2Q. Assume the angles theta1 and theta2 that the strings make with the
vertical are small. (a) How are theta1 and theta2 related? (b).......

However, my question is this: Can this be solved using ONLY the condition of
translational equilibrium - such as finding contradictory statements??

Thanks especially to John Mallinckrodt who came up with a simple geometrical
solution and then Bob Sciamanda who finally saw what I was seeking;
i.e. use axes along and perpendicular to the string to apply the condition
of translational equilibrium, and the answer is then obvious.

Tom Walkiewicz
Edinboro University of PA