Re: heat is a form of energy

At 8:28 AM -0700 9/9/99, C wrote:
Hi all-
Leigh writes:
After the touching, I can feel the hotted copper block getting
less hotted and the cold copper block getting more hotted. The picture
that leaps into my childlike mind is when I poured water from a full glass
into an empty one. I could see and feel the wet in the full glass and
the dry in the empty one, just like the hot from the hot block and the
cold from the unhot block. In other words, I could practically feel the
hot flowing.

This would seem to associate the amount of hot with temperature alone,
would it not?
*************************************
If temperature is the grown-up name for hot, then you are
absolutely right. I thought that temperature was something you did
with one of them thermometer things.
Regards,
Jack

I interpreted "hot" as "heat". I thought we were talking about
"heat flow". My reservation was based on the need to consider the
heat capacities of the bodies. I now take your point. I don't
like the analogy very much, but of course no analogy is perfect.

Leigh