Re: heat is a form of energy

...what does "cognitively flawed" mean? I believe you invented this term,
and I see a limb here...

It denotes the property possessed by anything meant to instruct which
would inhibit cognitio, (or be an obstruction to instruction!).

In this case I am asking how teaching Newtonian physics can lead to
misconceptions which would hinder the student's later understanding
of relativity. Teaching that "Heat is a form of energy" does have
that effect on later instruction; it is cognitively flawed.

You may back off that limb now.

Leigh