Re: resolution vs. precision

I equate accuracy with fidelity to established standards. If the
quartz crystal of the stop watch is supposed to oscillate at 10.000 MHz
but is oscillating at 10.002 MHz, we have an accuracy problem.

With this meaning accuracy cannot be ascribed to measurement of a
unique quantity, like the length of a particular rod. I prefer the
Bevington and Robinson meaning for that term. Your *stopwatch* may
be accurate, but that is a different meaning than the application
of the term to a measurement.

Leigh