Re: SI &c., eh?

Leigh Palmer wrote:

How 'bout cgs and MKS?

Don't get me started, Leigh. I didn't have a lot of problems with dynes and
statcoulombs and abcoulombs when I learned them as a student, but I'm not sorry to
see them go. Why throw out grams, however, just because it's not MKS?. Physicists
pride themselves on being logical and consistent, but they blew it there.

And while they were at it, why didn't they adopt the galileo = 1 m/s as the
standard metric unit of speed?

You can still use degrees Kelvin. Just think of them as *honorary*
degrees. No one feels saddled with an honorary degree.

You make me feel a lot better. Frankly, I had intended to continue using degrees
Kelvin even without your approval, but it's nice to know that one of my heroes
supports my stand.

poj