Re: Energy-sucking EM antennas

At 08:42 PM 8/26/99 -0700, Bill wrote:

I love to predict the future (and sometimes I'm even correct.) I predict
that someday someone is going to take a wave-based look at some bit of
physics which until then had traditionally been explained as particles,
and as a result they will make a profound discovery which will form the
next physics revolution.

Bill, take the next step: E/M radiation (eg light) is not dual
wave/particle. It is neither wave nor particle. Yes, some light
interactions can be well described by considering light to be composed of
photons (eg the photo-electric effect) and some interactions can well be
described by considering it to be composed of waves (diffraction, etc).

BUT in the millennium we surely will learn that light is better described
as neither one: This will then be a real breakthrough. However, this will
not happen until we let go of yet another early physics myth.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen