Superheated Steam

PHYS-L Members,

I am trying again. I sent one message with an attachment that was encoded.
I think I know now how to send the article as text.

Sometime ago Kathy Daniel helped me receive some information from some of
you about firefighting and steam. As a result I wrote a short article that
I want to ask you to critique to be sure that the physics is correct.

I am especially interested if anyone knows of some research that would
explain the difference between clockwise rotation and counterclockwise
rotation of a fog nozzzle. Also a respected fire instructor told me that
steam is not superheated unless it is pressurized (above atmospheric
pressure). Is this correct?

I certainly appreciate any help that I can get on this article.

John D Wiseman
jdwiseman@mindspring.com