Re: style

At 18:52 8/25/99 -0500, you wrote:
... I don't believe there is a single example
of an emailing utility that prevents retracing and rereading to correct
errors. That is the fundamental mission of such software....
************************
Our VMS mailer on the DEC alpha does not permit backup after an
end-of-line.
Regards,
Jack

I recall that DEC support some years ago was excellent
(at $120 per hr it should have been!) - so I imagine Jack could
still call them for a little (free?) help on using a DEC editor.

It would be a sad day, if DEC of all companies, could
not provide this elementary facility on a VMS editor.
Use some keyword like KED or EDT or 'screen editor for mail',
they'll catch your drift, I expect.

If for some reason there is a policy against calling the supplier,
the users association (I expect it is still called DECUS) used to
maintain a library of freeware but it is some years since I last
developed on an Alpha. Perish the thought, but the FTP servers are
worth a search as well I expect.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK