Re: Light bulbs

I got another surprise the morning after the evening my wife and I
watched the wonderful light show in the microwave oven. The light
bulb, still upright in the brandy snifter with its water, had
sprung a very small leak somewhere below the waterline. The bulb
sucked water into itself so that it stood about two centimeters
above the metal base. This effectively demonstrates what I do when
I break the pumpout under water in the sink. I wish I could do it
reproducibly! Other effects noted were that the filament broke off
at both ends, and some of the frosting on the inside of the bulb
seems to have been affected. I always assumed the frosting was
etched glass, but I don't think so now. Next time I will do this
with a clear bulb, if I can find some.

Leigh