Re: 15 minute classroom version...

There is some bouncing off the bottom of the wing. In fact, simulations
show that almost 1/2 of the lift on a barn door in flight (and your hand
out the car window) is due to the air interacting with the bottom. Of
course, it is a little hard to directly detect the force caused by the
lowering of the pressure on the back of the hand. It would feel like a
force on the palm.

David Anderson
dfa@fnal.gov