Re: Evolution and Creationism

-----Original Message-----
From: William Beaty <billb@ESKIMO.COM>
To: PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>

Yes, science can investigate religion, but that doesn't mean that all of
the "100% true believers" in either camp would be swayed. However, this
has always been the case in any controversy.. There's nothing to be done
about the true believers or the "true disbelievers." The
religious/physics research would only benefit the rest of us whose minds
are not closed.

William J. Beatty

AMEN! To which I would like add one of my favorite quotes:
Max Born, speaking of how the advent of quantum theory made such ideas as
absolute certainty, absolute precision, and final truth obsolete (replaced
by probabilities) said "This loosening of the rules of thinking seems to me
the greatest blessing which modern science has given us. For the belief
that there is only one truth and that oneself is in possession if it, seems
to me the deepest root of all that is evil in the world."

Br. Robert W. Harris
Catholic Memorial High School
rwharris@cath-mem.org
http://www.cath-mem.org/physics/contents.htm