Re: Glass does not flow

At 12:03 AM 8/22/99 -0700, Someone wrote:

On Sat, 21 Aug 1999, Jim Green wrote:

> Here is someone who is learning physics from "Earth&Sky! Wow!

Elitism. Shameful. Earth&Sky's arguments should stand on their own.

Hey, I don't value the scientific pronouncements of The Good Bill Nye
either -- nor of Bart Simpson.

However, since this current view re glass flow has arisen somewhat after I
retired from serious research, I have contacted a few of my previous
colleagues -- those of the materials science persuasion: some now agree
with what we have heard here and some worry about the cited scholarship --
none cared much one way or the other -- not finding the issue very
important. I guess I don't care either, but I am now happy to include
glass with those things that don't flow -- along with energy and heat. (:-)

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen