Re: Textbook prices

I use the 4th edition of College Physics by Serway & Faughn in my class.
We bought the books about 2 years ago (and bought some more last summer)
for a price of about $70 directly from Saunders College Publishing.
That is also the price that we charge to students when they lose the
book. In light of the aforementioned, this makes the price of $140 that
college bookstores are charging quite excessive. Even $103 seems a bit
much for the 4th edition.

I teach a Physics course which is also a James Madison University class
to juniors and seniors in high school. For those of you not familiar
with Virginia's Governor's schools, substitute: regional math-science
magnet school

THO

Thomas O'Neill
o'neill@csvrgs.k12.va.us
Physics
oneill@csvrgs.k12.va.us
C Shenandoah Valley R. Governor's School (540) 245
5088
Fishersville, Virginia 22939