Re: Travesty of big-bang energetics

At a time incorrectly stated as 10:36 PM 8/19/99 +0000, the alleged Phil P.
Johnson wrote:

The 1st law of thermodynamics states that the energy in the universe is
constant.

OK. We agree on something. Actually it says more than that, but that's
good enough for now.

The Big Bang theory states that the universe came out of nothing,

It states no such thing. I cannot imagine how or why anybody could
misstate it in such a bizarre way.

so it violates this thermodynamic law.

1) Physicists routinely apply the first law to the earliest moments of the
universe.

2) There is a principle of formal logic: From a false premise you can prove
anything.

Cheers --- jsd

Thought for the day: Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your
time and annoys the pig.