Re: The smell of rain

Interesting idea. Can an evaporated water molecule carry along other
particles. I am having a hard time visualizing a model that would explain
such an event. If anyone else can I would really like to hear about it.

Peter Mccardell wrote:

conjecture is a very popular pastime on this list, so here is mine.
as the rain strikes the ground part of it evaporates and carries the "scent
molecules" with it as it raises.
this conjecture is based on many data points in many surroundings.
here in seattle we have the opportunity to do much experimentation in this
field.
pmc