Re: Physics of Flight

It seems to me that introductory physcs courses can benefit from
teaching about helicopters before airplanes. At that level the approach
is much easier, conceptually. At a more advanced level, when fluid
dynamics, and its advanced mathematics, are involved the "airplanes
first" approach may be easier or more desirable. I have no experience
with this but the arguments presented make sense.