Re: is free-fall an inertial frame?

let me try to quote a
notion that keeps revolving in my head and drives me crazy: "when I'm
in free-fall, I can't feel that it is gravity causing it;

at the risk of over-simplifying, perhaps if you were not so familiar with
earth's gravity it would not seem so transparent? if you were originally
from the moon, then would earth's gravity seem more evident? or if you
were on a friendly planet the mass of jupiter, wouldn't gravity then seem
easier to recognize?

Not in the case of free-fall, which is my specific issue. I argue
that I could tell no difference in free-fall on the moon, the earth,
or Jupiter. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I am assuming no
atmospheric drag, a condition which would only be really true on the
moon. I am also not considering the effect of opening my eyes and
judging which surface is approaching me faster. As a good physicist
:-), I would trust only my handy local accelerometer, which would
register nothing in all 3 cases.

Stefan Jeglinski

now i'm really afraid this is a dumb question, (i'm a chemist and an
educator, not a physicist) but without air or visual clues you would have
no sensation of falling?