Re: 2 million teachers in 2007!

I can only speak for Indiana, and then not in an official way. At least
on paper the state is moving in the right direction. It is one of the
few states that accepted the AAAS's recommendations for k-12 as their
own. The result is an increased interest in inquiry based learning,
which is how I have gotten into the process. I am thoroughly sold on
Lillian's work and her text Physics by Inquiry for teaching eled majors
and inservice teachers, and as a first course for secondary ed majors in
math and science...I gotta tell you, its a work of art...I know there is
not silver bullet, but this thing is damn close....or at least that is
how I see it.

more info please... is Lillian a first or last name for the author? who's
the publisher?

Dr. Lois Breur Krause
Department of Geological Sciences
442 Brackett Hall
Clemson University
Clemson SC 29634

teaching chemistry, physics, astronomy and geology to elementary education
majors.

How We Learn and Why We Don't: Student Survival Guide,
available from International Thompson Publishing, ISBN 0324-011970

http://home.earthlink.net/~breurkrause

krause@clemson.edu