Re: Misconceptions: Physics of Flight

Folks,
Tom's note copied below, seems to be somewhat relevant to this thread,
and because you'all are by all accounts in no way math phobic,
you may enjoy a minor wrestle with this physical formulation.

But above all, Tom seems to have developed a quite inflated
conception of my aero physics insights (though by all accounts,
his other mailee, Doctor John Lowry is much more worthy.
(He has received grants for developing usable methods for
evaluating light aircraft performance using his
physics insights, Ref#1)

If you can see through Tom's difficulty (as I am confident you will)
then I would appreciate a copy of your response to the list, or to me
if you think it otherwise inappropriate.

Thank you.

Brian

Ref: A sample of John Lowry's works: (Self-published):

Computing Airplane Performance - A Field Guide (1995)
J.T Lowry
Flight Physics
PO Box 20919
Billings