Re: Acoustic resonance

At 03:33 PM 8/10/99 -0500, you wrote:
Very interesting!
Seems like the acoustic gyrometer and the acoustic pump are
similarly sensitive to thermal excursions.
Any idea of the size of the thermal dependency?

The one I saw was about three inches in diameter. This is a sealed system,
so I don't think the thermal variances would be too severe. It could
probably be accounted for be a second microphone directly across from the
transducer and use it to lock the resonant frequency of the cavity (which
would be the main temperature dependance).

-G-
Gordon Smith
National Center for Physical Acoustics
Coliseum Drive