Fiber Optic current measurement.

Can anybody supply an order of magnitude estimate of the amount of
rotation to be expected around a few amps of current? (i.e. should I
even TRY detecting it with some simple polaroid filters or are we
talking about some rather sophisticated detection system?)

I've got some surplus fiber that is just BEGGING to be used.

As I said, I've heard nothing of it since. I do use it in
my teaching, however, but I can't use it until the Faraday
effect is introduced, and that comes too late to use in
introductory courses when Ampere's law is first stated. I
have an informal physics meeting each week with some
students and I have told them about it.

Leigh

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936