Re: Nuclear spectroscopy

Hi all-
The game is to create excited nuclei and then determine their
spectra by detecting the decay gammas (this description is not exclusive).
Locally, the exctation is done by colliding nuclei, by passing
beams trhough thin screens, and heaven knows what else.
Dear Colleagues,

What procedures beside neutron activation analysis and positron
annihilation analysis would you consider to fall under the old term
"nuclear spectroscopy" ...

The main concern of nuclear spectroscopy is to identify and study
energy levels of atomic nuclei. The activation analysis is a practical
application of that subfield of physics. Why should the positron
annihilation be part of it?
****************************
regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography