Re: A ball in a dish.

Robert A Cohen wrote:

.... Rather than there being a minimum radius, there
is a minimum rotation rate. ...Makes sense, I suppose.

Yes, the apparent "paradox" of the formula:

cos(TET)=g/(L*omega^2)

resulted from the way of using it. Omega, or the
corresponding orbital speed, is not an independent
variable to calculate the angle TET, except sometimes.
Any angle TET, on the other hand [or the corresponding
orbital radius] always leads to a specific frequency. All
horizontal orbits are possible but frequencies must not
be smaller than what is obtained by assuming cos(TET)=1
The smallest possible f is that of a pendulum oscillating
with very small amplitudes. Why didn't I see it this way?

Thanks, Bob.