Re: Hot air rising and automobile thermometers

At 14:52 7/22/99 -0700, you wrote:

We do observe inversions going downhill, but, I think, less frequently.
I think we observe less frequently altogether on our way home, so it is
apparent that I must do something about that. I do not know how closely
the surface temperature on the hillside represents the atmospheric
temperature at the same altitude over the city below, but I expect the
monotonicity with altitude to be the same in both cases.
Leigh

The anabatic and katabatic winds up and down hillsides take something away
from the vivid cooling often noticed when climbing an airplane on a hot day.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK