Re: Density of gas mixture

Robert A Cohen wrote:
Dry air is *not* necessarily denser than moist air. It is *if* you are
comparing gases at the same temperature and pressure. Most beginners
don't not recognize this, and why do we expect them to? Consider the
following problem:

One of my examples to show how people learn particular situations as
absolute rules - I ask how it is that hot air rises but the air is
colder the higher up you go in the atmosphere (where all the hot air
went).... most people are at a loss, having never even realized a
contradiction between two of their absolute rules.

Doug Craigen
Latest Project - the Physics E-source
http://www.dctech.com/physics/