Re: e-mailing tables (was A paradox? Why not?)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Ludwik Kowalski wrote:

I aborted the attempt (to add this P.S. sentence) and will send it
now as the "Plain Text Only". When did I turn the message into
the HTML? A side effect of some kind?

Your copy of Messenger Mailbox apparently has the "send messages in HTML"
option activated. You deselect this option in the Preferences or Options
menu; exactly how you do this depends on the Netscape version you are
using. The existance of different software apps and versions makes
difficult the sharing of information about procedures and techniques; for
example: Netscape 4.x for Windows doesn't have a Format menu, which you
used to set up your font choices.

Some Email software will not offer the option of selecting "fixed-width
font", but with Windows software you can accomplish the same thing by
selecting Courier New TT as the default font. This is AFAIK the only
common TrueType font that is not proportionally-spaced.

Best wishes,

Larry

Larry Cartwright
Physics, Physical Science, Internet Teacher
Charlotte High School, 378 State Street, Charlotte MI 48813
<physics@scnc.cps.k12.mi.us> or <science@scnc.cps.k12.mi.us>