Re: Terminology Confusion

If I have a closed container, with gas at some pressure and temperature,
and a pool of water at the bottom, I eventually reach an equilibrium state
wherein the vapor leaving the water is the same as the vapor entering the
water.

My confusion: Is the gas above the water saturated with water vapor?

Yes, and the liquid below is saturated with the gas as well.

The term "saturation" refers to more than you might think.
A solid in equilibrium with its own vapor is also said to
be saturated, for example. In that case "saturation" refers
to a state on the sublimation curve.

Leigh