Re: Midterm Question - Sort of

At 13:21 7/7/99 -0400, Sam Held wrote:
Paul,
Good catch. The problem with the Tacoma Narrows was that it was
a suspension bridge and your example is sorta of what I was trying to
explain. I neglected the fluid dynamics though. NB: this incident lead
to mandatory wind tunnel testing of models of all new bridges. All over
the loss of one dog.

Sam Held

I hear the Tacoma Narrows still gallops from time to time, the roadway
beef up notwithstanding.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK