Planet rotation

I was reading a couple of recent notes and started wondering about planetary rotations.
Is it possible for a planet not to rotate?

I believe from a dim recollection of past readings that planet rotation is a
residual effect of the accretion of particles that formed the planet bringing
momentum through collisions. I know it can be affected by tidal forces.
Can it be zero? Why or why not?

Probably no world-turning significance.... just curiousity.

Jim Braunsdorf