Grade Prcedures and Management

Hello All,
Every year we ultimately ask the question, "Did I perform well this
year? How could I improve my teaching?" I am asking that question now
and could use some information. We all continue to hone our physics
skills from year to year but want to be as fair as possible to the
student as far as our evaluation process. This is my concern. Would
some of our High School physics teachers do me a favor? I would like to
hear about some of your grade procedures and management. (weighted
grades, labs, extra credit, homework, projects, grading papers...you
get the idea) If possible, could you give rational along with it. I
understand that different levels of physics classes require different
approaches so you may need to break your methods down by level (AP,
Honors and regular)

Thanks in advance.

John Carr
Physics - Eau Gallie High School