From: Jim Green <JMGreen@SISNA.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@LISTS.NAU.EDU>
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 1999 6:48 PM
Subject: Re: momentum transfer

. . . I realize that it is common to ascribe fluid
properties to momentum and say things like "transfer of momentum". I also
realize that it is difficult to change all this literary momentum, but at
some point we all should say to ourselves -- at least occasionally in a
dark closet -- momentum does not flow -- like energy (and some other
properties) it can be increased or decreased, but not "moved" from one
object to another. It is like saying the property purple of an object is
transferred from one object to another,

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen