Re: ORIGINAL simple magnets question

On Fri, 25 Jun 1999, Leigh Palmer wrote:

I agree with both of these. If we rotate the entire CERN accelerator,
locally each magnet assembly will seem to go in a straight line, but still
there *must* be some GR effects there too.

I'm not worried about GR; that's not my point. I don't even know GR.
My problem is that SR only works in an inertial reference frame,

Perhaps I'm confused. I thought that GR works in NONinertial frames.
Therefor the spinning disk-magnet can only be attacked via GR. (Perhaps
the GR goes away if we are close to the rim of a large magnet, so the
magnet doesn't appear to move if we travel along with it.)

and
the effects of gravity or centrifugal force fields can be measured
directly and accounted for.

It's the "centrifugal" electromagnetism that I don't understand. Or does
it not exist?

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com