Re: simple magnets question

HI,
First, let me modify the question slightly.&nbsp; I am thinking of it in
terms of a horseshoe magnet that is spinning about its symmetry axis.&nbsp;
The magnetic field lines are basically confined to the region between the
poles&nbsp; or inside the magnet itself/&nbsp; the electron is sitting
on the axis between the center of the poles.
etc.

...and to think I used to object to people who intercalated TeX!

Did the rules of phys-l change while I was away?

I also wanted to ask: What is the symmetry axis of a horseshoe magnet?
As nearly as I can tell it hasn't got one. I'm afraid I couldn't read
the rest of the piece.

Leigh