Re: The Capacitor problem - once more

At 11:04 6/3/99 -0500, you wrote:
Hi Mark:
You write:
If I understand Jack right, then we can bring the C3 plates together in
infinitesmal steps, keeping the charge in pseudo-equilibrium, and absorbing
the "excess" energy as we do so. In this case, it seems that it does not
matter if the connecting wires are superconducting or not. Or is my
intuition faulty here?
Not faulty.....
Jack

Hmmm...perhaps Jack ought to mention whether he believes that current
flows into the C3 capacitor as its plates are brought together.
If he does, can he accept that an IsquaredR loss is not rate dependent?
And so some energy is given up to heating the connecting wires UNLESS
they are superconducting?

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK