Re: Missing Energy

Hi Phil-
Don't give up hope. You write:
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 20:35:35 -0500
From: "JACK L. URETSKY (C)1998; HEP DIVISION, ARGONNE NATIONAL LAB ARGONNE,

Like any good physics teacher, I will only suggest an answer.

If a similar criterion were applied to math teachers, there would be
few good ones: T&P driven by student "evaluations" has seen to that.
One needs above-average scores to progress, and it is nearly impossible
to do it with that attitude today.
So, are there many good physics teachers by that standard? How about
outside the elite schools?

Phil Parker pparker@twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
*********************************
I am proud to advise you that my co-author of "Conceptual
Calculus", who is on the math faculty at UIC tells me that he
follows the same precept.
He is, of course, a copy addresse of this posting.
UIC may be unique; the math faculty is familiar with Arons.
Regards,
Jack

"I scored the next great triumph for science myself,
to wit, how the milk gets into the cow. Both of us
had marveled over that mystery a long time. We had
followed the cows around for years - that is, in the
daytime - but had never caught them drinking fluid of
that color."
Mark Twain, Extract from Eve's
Autobiography