Re: Science Lab Technology

I can't speak highly enough about Vernier. The company, the hardware,
the documentation, the assistance, and David and Christine themselves
offer unparalleled performance. They provide workshops at NSTA, etc. to
give you hands on experience with their materials. I have used their
equipment since 1985 and my apple II. I have experience with; PSL®
equipment with IBM computers, the CBL® hardware with the TI8x, the
Vernier equipment with both Mac and PC CPU's. I find the Vernier
equipment to be the best (and I personally prefer the Mac even though I
use the PC and TI8x at school). I teach physics in high school and
junior college. My main emphasis is to use activities the clarify and
expand the concepts of the course. I place a primary emphasis on
understanding concepts, if your lab circumstances place a primary
emphasis on accuracy, there may be other instrumentation that is better.

Greg Kifer
Olathe North High School
Olathe, KS 66061
gsanda@tfs.net