Re: Egg Drop Info

Hi all,

Sorry to have left out the regulations!!!

Our school does the egg drop project and I used the following, but
certainly not perfect, regulations. There were questions assigned as
well to get them focused and thinking ahead of time. Hope this helps.

Egg Drop Contest

1. You are to design a package to hold a raw (NOT hard-boiled) egg. The
package containing the egg will be dropped from the high balcony in the
auditorium. You may drop only once.

2. You may choose your own group of 2 or 3. The groups should already
be turned in.

3. The design of the package is up to your group. However, your group
must provided all of the materials. I will provide the raw egg. The day
of the drop your group will have 15 minutes to put the egg in your
package and prepare.

4. Your package may not cause damage of any kind. If you fear you may
violate this ASK BEFORE you go too far with an idea. Weight and certain
materials may be limited. If in doubt ask before using anything
questionable.

5. Who Wins?
(a) Your egg may not crack or break. (The egg must be removed from
the package to verify this.)
(b) The overall winner is the group whose package lands closest to the
center of the target. The distance is measured from the center of the
target to the part of your package which is FURTHEST away. Keep this
in mind when designing large packages.

Steve Richardson
richarsd@choice.net
Physics Teacher