[no subject]

At 11:01 5/21/99 -0500, Digby Willard wrote:

A couple of my students are trying to break glass with sound. So, some
questions:

1) Has anyone had any luck doing this? How?

Digby

There was a science museum list thread on this topic recently if I recall.
Results were patchy.

Among the folks reporting success, I seem to recall
a contributor projected sound down into the glass bowl, who found that
if the glass were distressed first ( with scratches) the demonstration
went better.

I seem to recall someone else reporting high sound levels were effective.
(over 135dB??)

A little judicious polishing with emery paper might be helpful!

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK