Re: Egg Drop Info

Attached is what I do with my classes. I also have them writeup why they chose the design that they did and relate it to impulse and change in momentum.
We have great success with many diffferent kinds of designs and materials. Usually about 1/3 survive. We drop from the pressbox of our high school football stadium. It is approximately 40 ft high.

Julie Hilsenteger
Physics Teacher
Centennial High School
Gresham, OR
e-mail: julie_hilsenteger@centennial.k12.or.us

"Dr. James Mackey" <jmackey@SUN1.HU.EDU> 05/21/99 10:00AM >>>
I know that several have done egg drops as part of physics
contests/olympiads/etc. We run a 2 week workshop for 8th & 9th graders
each summer, and this summer I want to do an egg drop as an activity. If
someone has the info necessary for this activity (requirements,
restrictions, construction materials, etc.) or can direct me
to a source I would appreciate it very much - no need to reinvent the wheel!
James Mackey