Re: video-computer connection

Information about our home grown version of video capture and analysis in the
Windows world can be found in Blume-Kohout, et al., "Adding Eyes to Your
Computer" in the January, 1997 issue of The Physics Teacher or on the Web at
www.kenyon.edu/depts/physics/research/addeyes.htm.

Our Windows freeware
analysis program is available for ftp download at
ftp.kenyon.edu/pub/physics/SOFTWARE/WINDOWS/PHYSVIS (case is important). A
stand alone graphing and curvefitting program is available for ftp download at
ftp.kenyon.edu/pub/physics/SOFTWARE/WINDOWS/PHYSFIT (again case is important).

Video capture is a very powerful tool. Highly recommended. We also recommend
that you convert essentially all of your motion experiments to video so that
the effort made in getting the students up to speed is used to best advantage.
We do maybe 10 of 12 lab experiments with video in our first semester classes.

Tim Sullivan
sullivan@kenyon.edu