Re: Earth's Magnetic Field

On Tue, 11 May 1999 09:22:24 -0600 Jim Green <JMGreen@SISNA.COM> writes:
At 10:05 AM 5/11/99 -0600, you wrote:
Mark "north" where the lines of magnetic force exit the bar magnet,
because this is the convention used in physics.

Well this may be a good idea -- and if coupled with the suggestion
that we eliminate "north" and "south" as labels, we might label the
poles a E
for "exit" and E for "entrance".

Better yet....
Why not "I" for inport and "E" for export.?

Herb Gottlieb from New York City
(Where magnetic lines of force are not lines and do not
exert any force)