Re: Virus attack

I've been on the internet for quite a while, longer than many, but
certainly not as long as quite a few others, and have never used a
virus detection program except rarely (and never afflicted by a
virus, which amazes some, and was unaffected by Melissa or Happy99,
despite being a constant internet user during the time).

The word "affected" can have different connotations. I have a friend
who was on vacation while the Melissa virus was a big thing. When he got
back there were 1300 messages in his mailbox! It had gotten into the
system of someone on a discussion list he was a part of, and multiplied
greatly from there (due to private discussions - hence entering each
other into address books I guess). You don't need to have your own
system infected to be "affected".

Doug Craigen
Latest Project - the Physics E-source
http://www.dctech.com/physics/